POAPS in Gather
Organizations can offer POAPS as tokens of attendance to guests. These tokens are then either stored behind a wallet address, or an email. Example uses include:
- 1.Offering a token for attending the event.
- 2.Offering a token as proof for completing a task at an event. For example reading content at individual booths.
Read these resources before beginning (10-15 min)
Current commands chat for bot are:
/bot disconnectto disconnect the bot
/bot send-poapsends POAP links to the connected users on the Gather Space
/bot poap-new-userssends POAP to new users that have joined the Gather Space
/bot teleport-to-meteleports the bot-character to the user that sent the command
To ensure that random people do not claim your event’s POAP, do not make the POAP Website URL public!
- 1.Create a Key
- 2.Use the Google form URL as the "key" that can be divided between booths. For example, you can split the Google form URL of “https://forms.gle/cer4Wn6fswaTGhbH7” into 4 parts to place in 4 booths. Split the URL into parts, each with a number: [1: https://forms.] [2: gle/cer] [3: 4Wn6fswa] [4: TGhbH7].
- 3.Send each vendor their "key" so that they can add it to their content (e.g., on a pdf).
- 3.Provide instructions to attendees / advertise this feature to attendees
- 1.Create content that tells attendees what they will need to do and send it to attendees before your event.For example, instructions could be:
- 1.Walk up to a booth and talk to the booth representatives.
- 2.View the embedded media (press “X”) and copy their secret key, noting the number of the key.
- 3.Combine all the keys in sequential order to get the Google form URL. Visit the URL and submit your email address and wallet address.
- 2.Add an interactive object in the Gather Space with the instructions, as well. (A “bulletin” object would be a good choice!)
- 4.Use the collected email and Ethereum addresses to send out the token!The final step is to send your POAP delivery page to all of the attendees to claim their POAPs!